Title: Contracted Caseworker for Family Support Program
Hours: Part-time, as needed
Reports to: Family Support Manager
Approved By: Board of Directors
- The caseworker will serve to assist families who have experienced abuse, neglect, or law enforcement concerns with developing the skills and resources needed to thrive.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide face to face services i.e. case work, parent education and supervised visitation as requested in referral.
- Implement an effective social service treatment program for families and children and ensure the referred clients receive the service requested.
- Provide timely intervention as soon as CW receives referral.
- Address clients’ immediate needs where needed; food stamps application; housing needs, job application etc.
- Offer support and provide resources and referrals for follow-up care.
- Identify resources information to families and children to assist them towards self-sufficiency.
- Call families when possible or send appropriate letter to set up appointments within 48 hours of receiving the referral for services and assessment.
- Work with and modify as needed treatment/service plans.
- Attend court dates with the family and children (ONLY at the request of DCS/ACJC).
- Attend Family Team Meetings with the DCS/ACJC case worker as needed.
- Communicate regularly with FSM on case progress.
- Attend supervision every two weeks, or more often as required.
- Complete all necessary documentation in a timely manner to maintain records and reduce liability; weekly contact notes, treatment plans and monthly reports.
- Record concise notes for each contact concerning case.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Be flexible to work on weekend and evening hours as needed.
- Provide culturally competent practice with refugees and immigrant families.
- Participate required trainings as needed
- Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
EDUCATION and /or EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelors’ degree in psychology, sociology, social work, human services etc. is required.
- Two years’ to three years’ related experience and or training; or equivalent combination of education, profession and experience.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk, and must be able to read, write, and communicate fluently in English.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking for up to 50% of the time.
- Driving clients in the car is a required part of the position.
- Client Homes and community locations are part of the work environment for this position, and can include challenging conditions such as messiness, dirtiness, pests, etc.